I just published a brand-new edition of my free CEO succession planning guide, “Take Charge of Your Exit: The Nonprofit CEOs How-to Guide for Developing an Exit Strategy.”
I wrote it specifically for nonprofit CEOs who know they are going to retire or otherwise leave their position in the next few years (1 to 3 years).
This 20-page guide covers the dynamics of CEO succession, especially if you are a founder, long-tenured or transformational leader. It covers:
- What it means to “take charge” of your exit, neither controlling the process nor abdicating all responsibility.
- What an exit strategy is and why you need one.
- What transition readiness means, and the three elements of organizational readiness as well as your own readiness for the path ahead.
- The three jobs (two of them new) of the leader-in-transition.
- Six potential stages of your succession path.
- Communications planning.
- Managing emotions, yours and others.
- Coming to closure.
- Key actions to take to get rolling on your plan.
- Links to free tools that can help you flesh out your plan.
To grab your copy, use the sign-up box on the right-hand side of this page. If you’re already a subscriber, not to worry, it will send you to a download link.