Click on the image below to download your free copy of the Handoff Checklist. It provides a framework for the departing executive’s handoff plan and the executive-to-executive discussions that are at the heart of the handing off the role to the successor.This is one of six checklists designed to help plan and carry out the onboarding and handoff process included in The Nonprofit CEO Succession Roadmap: Your Guide for the Journey to Life’s Next Chapter.Get the Checklist
Here are the onboarding and handoff checklists included in the book:
- Onboarding Checklist for the New Executive outlines the timeline and suggested onboarding activities. It also covers some talking points that the new executive should be prepared to discuss as they build relationships with their new team members.
- Information & Briefings for the New Executive covers the hard-copy/electronic information and other briefings that should be provided to the new executive director.
- Handoff Checklist for the Departing Executive provides a framework for the departing executive’s handoff plan and the executive-to-executive discussions that are at the heart of the executive handoff.
- Onboarding & Support Checklist for the Board Chair outlines key actions the board chair should take before and during the early stages of the new executive’s tenure.
- Questionnaire for the Executive Team Members is a set of questions intended to accelerate the process of building a mutual understanding and working relationship between the new executive director and members of the executive team.
- Critical Information and Contact Inventory is intended for use in smaller organizations where the departing executive director is the principal information custodian for the organization. In these situations, the handoff involves turning over vital information necessary to keep the organization in operation.