I’m delighted to be Mary Hiland’s guest on episode #23 of her podcast, Inspired Nonprofit Leadership.
Our topic is nonprofit leadership development. Here are the points that we cover:
- The three big myths about leadership development.
- The 70-20-10 model of learning and development and how you can use it.
- “Owning” your career versus “renting it,” and the importance of having a developmental mindset.
- How emerging leaders don’t need to wait around for the organization to develop them.
- How to use stretch assignments and rounding out experiences.
- The two “Ps” of talent development.
- Moving in, moving up and moving on – managing career turns.
- Every job involves a social contract and the contract’s four elements.
- The five core competencies of nonprofit CEOs.
We managed to pack a lot into just 34 minutes! I hope you’ll have a listen.